The Miss Universe 2016 Preliminary Competition was held at the SM Mall of Asia Arena on January 27, 2017 and was streamed live through the pageant’s official Facebook page. The preliminary event was hosted by Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach and Filipino actor Derek Ramsay.
All eighty-six (86) beauties strutted in their swimwears and evening gowns.
The scores from the night and the ladies’ interviews will determine the Top 12.
The judges for the preliminary competition include:
- Dayanara Torres – former UNICEF ambassador, former Miss Universe from Puerto Rico, author, model, actress
- Cynthia Bailey – former model and founder of The Bailey Agency (a modeling/fashion school dedicated to helping young women achieve their dreams), current cast member on Real Housewives of Atlanta
- Rob Goldstone – former journalist, publicist, and international marketing director
- Fred Nelson – president and executive producer of the People’s Choice Awards, the annual live broadcast celebrating fan favorites in movies, music, and TV
- Francine LeFrak – social entrepreneur, women’s empowerment activist, and founder of Same Sky (an initiative that provides training and employment to HIV+ female survivors of the Rwandan genocide)
- Riyo Mori – Japanese actress, dancer, model, and beauty queen who was crowned Miss Universe 2007
Watch the full replay of the Miss Universe 2016 Preliminary (Swimwear and Evening Gown) Competition below: (Note: Video starts at 12:00)
8:00 AM (GMT +8).
The Preliminary Competition is hosted by Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach and Derek Ramsay.