Recruitment website Jobstreet recently outs its 2017 Fresh Graduate Report, which is a result of a survey done on employeers and jobseekers on their registry.
The report includes lists top paying and in-demand jobs, top job preferrence of fresh graduates, among others. The list also included top schools prioritized by companies in hiring fresh graduates last year.
Graduates from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) emerged as the top choices by companies in hiring fresh grads, with 56% hired in 2016.
LIST: Top ten sources of fresh graduate hires, according to Jobstreet:
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) – 56%
- University of the Philippines (UP) – 46%
- University of Santo Tomas (UST) – 44%
- De La Salle University (DLSU) – 39%
- Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU) – 39%
- Far Eastern University (FEU) – 38%
- Technological Institute of the Philippines (TIP) – 37%
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM) – 36%
- University of the East (UE) – 33%
- Adamson University (AdU) – 27%
However, Jobstreet Philippines country manager Philip Gioca said that due to the diversity of industries, the school background does not always matters.
He pointed out that attitude and work ethics always affect jobseekers chances on getting hired.