Monetary compensation is among the many reasons of choosing a particular field and choosing a job in the future.
So which jobs are paying the highest? In the latest Labor Market Trends Report conducted by the labor department, the aviation industry gives the highest paying jobs. Pilots, navigators and flight engineers are the highest paid workers in the Philippines.
Below are the 10 highest paying jobs in the country with their corresponding average monthly salary:
- Pilots, navigators and flight engineers (P156,823)
- Geologists working in construction (P101,471)
- Graphic designers (P99,658)
- Art directors (P76,612)
- Industrial machinery mechanics and fitters (P76,550)
- Geologists in mining (P71,849)
- Statisticians (P56,759)
- Crushing, grinding and chemical-mixing machinery operators (49,646)
- Communications service supervisors (P48,270)
- Production supervisors and general foremen (P47,521)
Further, the salary of those in the aviation field could go as high as P275,000 to P280,000 for an aircraft captain while a senior captain can earn P350,000 and above per month.
Meanwhile, the government survey also listed the industries that are key job generators which include:
- Agribusiness, mining
- Power and utilities, construction
- Information Technology
- Health and wellness
- Hotel, restaurant and tourism
- Wholesale and retail trade
- Banking and finance
- Transport and logistics
- Real estate
Key advice: So next time you choose a college course, consider those fields which may land you a job in one of those industries. Of course, self-fulfillment and interest should also be topmost considerations when getting a college degree and eventually choosing a career.