(UPDATED) A strong magnitude 5.5 earthquake jolts Zambales and felt in nearby provinces and cities, including parts of Luzon, National Capital Region (NCR) and Metro Manila.
The temblor was felt at 10:27 PM on Thursday, May 25, with its epicenter was recorded 12 km ofSan Marcelino (Zambales). It is of tectonic origin with a depth of focus of 78km.
The earthquake has 78 Km reach, aftershocks are possible but no fear of tsunami according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS).
Damages are not expected, the state seismologists added.
Intensities were felt in the following areas:
- Intensity IV – Quezon City; Pateros; Malolos, Bulacan
- Intensity III – Tagaytay City; Talisay Batangas; San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan; Pasay City; Makati
City; Mandaluyong; Manila City; Paranaque City; Taguig City; San Miguel, Tarlac; Marilao,
- Intensity II – Palayan City; Bacoor, Cavite; San Jacinto, Pangasinan
- Intensity IV – Quezon City; Marikina City
- Intensity III – Talisay, Batangas; Palayan City; Batangas City
- Intensity II – Magalang, Pampanga
- Intensity I – Sinait, Ilocos Sur