The University of the Philippines has announced that it will start accepting applications soon for the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT) for Academic Year 2018-2019.
Based on the official announcement shared through the microblogging site Twitter, the UPCAT 2018 examination dates will be on October 21-22, 2017 at several testing centers nationwide.
UPCAT 2018: Admission Requirements
Applicants must be the following:
- Senior high school student expecting to graduate before SY2017 from a DepEd-accredited high school or a secondary school abroad; OR
- Graduate of a DepEd- accredited high school or secondary school abroad; OR
- PEPT Certified Eligible for admission to college; AND
- With final grades for three (3) high school years preceding the year of graduation; AND
- Must not have taken any college subject/s prior to taking the UPCAT; AND
- Must not have taken the UPCAT previously.
UPCAT 2018: Application dates and deadline
The start of application period will be on July 17, 2017. Deadline for filing of applications will be as follows:
- August 18, 2017 – Metro Manila Private Schools
- August 25, 2017 – Metro Manila Public Schools
- September 1, 2017 – Non-Metro Manila Schools and applications thru Regional Filing Centers
Late applications will be subject to late fees.
UPCAT 2018: Required Documents
Before you start your application, please take note of the following required documents that you have to submit together with your application.
|Category of Applicant||Required Documents|
|All applicants||Four recent 2X2 identical photographs|
|Proof of payment of UPCAT application fee|
|Completed UPCAT Forms 1 and 2|
|IF High school graduate||High school diploma|
|IF Graduating in 2017 from a HS with a DepEd approved K+12 transition program (i.e. SHS Early Adopter)||DepEd Certificate of Approval or Permit to Operate transition program|
|IF Philippine Education Placement Test (PEPT) taker||PEPT Certificate of Eligibility to Enter College and PEPT grades|
|IF Transferee (i.e. has taken subjects from another high school)||Signed and certified legible photocopy of the Permanent Secondary School Record (F137) from other school with all the grades earned within|
|IF Exempted from payment of application fee:|
|Annual gross family income is PhP130,000 or less; OR||2015 ITRs of earning family members or BIR Certificate of Exemption|
|A Top Ten graduate/prospective graduate of a public high school||Certified Ranked overall list of the school’s TOP TEN students across all programs and/or campuses|
UPCAT 2018: Application Fee
The non-refundable UPCAT Application Fee is:
- P450 for Filipinos with annual gross family income of more than P130,000
- P450 for resident foreign applicants studying in the Philippines
- US$50 for non-resident foreign applicants
Read UPCAT General Information Page to get more info.