PDP-Laban President Senator Koko Pimentel has announced on Thursday that they are already eyeing possible candidates for the 2019 senatorial elections.
Some of the ruling party’s senatorial bets came out as a surprise like singer-songwriter Freddie Aguilar and television anchor and reporter Jiggy Manicad. Special Assistant to the President Bong Go is also a possible candidate.
In an earlier interview with the press, President Rodrigo Duterte also mentioned Palace Communications Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson, who has always been under fire especially from the administration’s critics, due to her controversial statements against Vice President Leni Robredo, may also possibly run under the PDP Laban senatorial ticket.
Among those who are also eyed to run under the PDP Laban Senatorial slate are:
- Senator JV Ejercito
- Senator Cynthia Villar
- Senator Nancy Binay
- Senator Sonny Angara
- Senator Grace Poe
- Representative Ace Barbers
- Representative Albee Benitez
- Represenative Karlo Nograles
- Representative Zajid Mangudadatu
- Representative Geraldine Roman
- Representative Rey Umali
- Representative Pia Cayetano
- Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque
- Presidential Political Adviser Francis Tolentino
- Palace Communications Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson
- Former interior secretary Raffy Alunan