For those who are aspiring to be medical doctors and midwives but are hindered due to its costly tuition fees, you may try the Department of Health (DOH scholarship programs for medicine and midwifery.
DOH announce that it is now accepting applications for the Pre-Service Scholarship for Medical and Midwifery students for SY 2018-2019.
Who are qualified for the DOH Scholarship Program?
Qualification Requirements for Applicants
- Must be a Natural born/Naturalized Filipino citizen;
- Must be of good moral character;
- Must have passed the admission requirements, standards and policies of chosen school as well as the other requirements of the DOH;
- Must not have availed of any other scholarship grants or with return service obligation at the time of application or at the same period;
Priority shall be given to any of the following:
- Applicants residing in Geographically Isolated and Disadvantaged Areas (GIDA) and indigenous communities as certiﬁed by concerned government agencies (e.g. National Commission on Indigenous People [NCIP].
- Those belonging to the minority sector (e.g. Indigenous People)
- Dependents of government employees, Barangay Health Workers and Traditional Birth Attendants (TBA)
- Victims of calamities, children/ dependents of police/ soldiers fatally wounded/ killed while on duty
How to apply to the DOH Scholarship Program SY 2018-2019?
Applicants shall apply directly to the DOH partner school of their choice preferably within or near the province or region of residence, if available. He/ she shall undergo screening and selection process as deﬁned by the partner school for admission to the program/course.
It is important to note that applicants for medical scholarship must have taken the NMAT (National Medical Admission Test), an aptitude exam that is required for entry in any medical school in the Philippines.
Costs covered by the DOH Scholarship Program
The DOH scholarship programs will cover the following:
- Tuition fee
- Partial support for the many additional expenses when studying such as book allowance, uniform allowance, lodging and transportation allowance, and medical insurance under PhilHealth.
The program includes all four years of medical education, including summer immersion programs prior to the second and third years of medicine, and one year of post-graduate internship.
For its midwifery scholarship program, the coverage include all four years of a Bachelor of Science in Midwifery.
Partner schools of the DOH Medical Scholarship Program SY 2018-2019
NCR: University of the Philippines- Manila and Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
Region 1: University of Northern Philippines
Region 2: Cagayan State University
Region 3: Angeles University Foundation
Region 5: Bicol Christian College of Medicine and Bicol University
Region 6: West Visayas State University
Region 7: Southwestern University Phinma and University of Cebu College of Medicine Foundation Inc.
Region 8: University of the Philippines- School of Health Sciences
Region 10: Mindanao State University
Region 11: Davao Medical School Foundation and Brokenshire College
Partner Schools for the DOH Midwifery Scholarship Program AY 2018-2019
NCR: Mary Chiles College
CAR: Cordillera Career Development College
Urdaneta City University
Eastern PAngasinan University
Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University
North Luzon Philippines State College
Union Christian College
Good Samaritan Colleges, Inc.
Bataan Peninsula State University
Ago Medical and Educational Center
Region 6: Iloilo Doctors College and IMAP Foundation School of Midwifery
Region 7: University of Bohol
Region 8: Holy Infant College and Franciscan College of Immaculate Conception
Region 9: Brent Hospital and Colleges Inc.
Tecarro College Foundation
Davao Medical School Foundation
VMC Asian College Foundation Inc.
MMG College of General Santos City Inc.
Sultan Kudarat Educational Institution
Schola De San Jose
Notre Dame Hospital and School of Midwifery