The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has opened more One-Stop Service Centers for OFWs (OSSCO).
Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) may now avail of the services of the OSSCO in 14 provinces outside Metro Manila in the following locations:
- Manna Mall, San Fernando City, La Union
- City Tourism Office, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
- Baguio Convention Center, Baguio City
- Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga
- OWWA Regional Office 4A in Calamba City
- Robinson’s Place, Puerto Princesa City, Pacific Mall, Legaspi City
- SM City, Cebu City
- Robinson’s Place, Iloilo City
- Robinson’s Place, Bacolod City
- DOLE Regional Office No. 8, Tacloban City
- Goodwill Center, Zamboanga City
- OWWA Regional Office No. 10, Cagayan de Oro City
- Butuan City Hall Complex, Butuan City
- New City Hall, Koronadal City
Through the OSSCO, government frontline services are made accessible to Filipinos who are currently working or planning to work overseas. It operates from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Mondays to Fridays.
The OSSCO was launched on August 15, 2016 at the POEA in Mandaluyong City.
Aside from shortening the time to process their documents, the one-stop shop is also aimed at reducing the expenses of OFWs since the services of concerned government agencies can already be availed of in just one location.
The government agencies at the OSSCO are Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), Maritime lndustry Authority (MARINA), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), Philippine Health lnsurance Corporation (PhilHealth), Social Security System (SSS), Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), Bureau of Immigration (BI), National Bureau lnvestigation(NBI), Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Tourism lnfrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA), Philippine National Police (PNP), and Bureau of lnternal Revenue (BIR).