Classes are suspended on Tuesday, January 17 in some areas in Visayas due to flooding brought about by the brewing low pressure area brewing near the Zamboanga Sibugay area with tail-end of a cold front affecting Visayas and Northern Mindanao.
Cebu Province Superintendent Dr. Rhea Mar Angtud said that several areas in Cebu are still flooded, including schools.
Classes are suspended in the following areas:
- Cebu Province – preschool, elementary and high school – both private and public schools
- Mandaue City – preschool, elementary and high school level – public schools
- Negros Oriental- preschool to high school level – both public and private
- Bohol – preschool to high school level – both public and private
- Cagayan de Oro – preschool to high school, both public and private
- Misamis Oriental – all levels, public only
- Oroquieta City – all levels, both public and private
- Iligan City – all levels, both public and private
Class suspension has also been announced in the following schools:
- La Salle Academy in Iligan City – all levels
- Capitol University – Cagayan de Oro
- Ateneo de Cagayan (Xavier University) – Cagayan de Oro
- Liceo de Cagayan University
- Lourdes College
- Pilgrim Christian College
- Phinma – Cagayan de Oro College
- University of Science and Technology in the Philippines – Cagayan de Oro
Meanwhile, Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Paz Radaza has previously suspended classes in public primary, elementary and secondary schools tomorrow in preparation for the Swimwear Presentation of the Miss Universe 2017.
Please bookmark and refresh this page for future updates of class suspensions on January 17, 2017.