Afternoon classes were cancelled in some parts of Metro Manila and Luzon due to the metrowide transport strike on Monday, February 6.
The “tigil-pasada” was initiated by transport group Samahan ng mga Tsuper and Operator ng Pilipinas (STOP) in protest against the government’s order to phase out dilapidated and old jeepneys (more than 15 years).
The transport strike prompted schools and local government units to suspend afternoon classes in select areas:
- Malabon – all levels
- University of Santo Tomas – all levels
- DLSU – all levels at Taft, Makati and BGC campuses
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Adamson University
- University of the Philippines – Manila
- National University of the Philippines
Refresh for future updates on the class cancellations due to “tigil-pasada” on February 6, 2017