Earlier this year, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) said that the some European countries, particularly Germany and Russia, are in need of more than 22,000 nurses. Filipino nurses are welcome to fill the need for the job according to the DOLE.
In 2013, the government, through the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA), entered into an agreement with the German Federal Employment Agency called “Triple-Win Project”, which aimed to hire Filipino nursing professionals in Germany. Since the project has started, 455 nurses have been deployed.
Last August 2016, top officials of the German Federan Employment Agency and the German International Cooperation Agency came for a 2-day visit and held high-level meetings with a group of experts to promote skills partnership with the Philippines.
Job Hiring: Filipino Nurses in Germany Eligibility
Application is open to nurses:
- who are citizens of the Republic of the Philippines
- whose primary place of residence is the Republic of the Philippines
- who can provide certificates of their completed nurse’s training (four years of professional education; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
- who have an Active Philippine Nursing License
- who have a minimum of two years of professional experience as a nurse in hospitals, rehabilitation centres and care institutions.
- who preferably have prior knowledge of the German language (technical vocabulary and everyday language – ideally Level B1 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Proof of applicants’ professional qualifications is required. Members of other professional groups, such as nursing assistants, midwives or physiotherapists, are not eligible.
The prerequisite for working in Germany is Level B1 of the Europe Framework of Reference for Languages. Depending on prior knowledge the project finances relevant courses to achieve this language level.
- Placement, preparation and integration assistance – FREE
- Processing fee (shouldered by the applicant) – USD 155. The processing fee include POEA Processing Fee (USD100), Overseas Workers Welfare Administration Contribution (USD25), PhilHealth Contribution (Php1,200) and Home Development Mutual Fund Contribution (Php100).
- Medical Examination with a DOH-accredited medical clinic (shouldered by the applicant).
Job Hiring: Filipino Nurses in Germany Requirements
- Cover letter and curriculum vitae, including a coloured passport photo, and written in English and German if possible containing information about training and professional skills and experience
- High School Diploma (notarized copy)
- Diploma of nursing (notarized copy)
- Board Certificate from the Professional Regulation Commission
- Certificate/s of employment from former employer/s (notarized copy) • Certificate of German language skills (if available)
- Copy of valid NBI Clearance
- Copy of passport.
Job Hiring: Filipino Nurses in Germany Benefits
The monthly salary will be at least P150,000. The hired nurses can also bring their families to live with them in the two countries.
Interested applicants may go to the office of the Department of Labor and Employment in the next few weeks for the hiring requirements.
Read more about the Triple-Win Project below:Triple Win Philipinen