- Applications for DepEd Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2017, which will cater for students who wish to participate in this year’s summer job employment, is now open.
- Age requirement for SPES has been lowered by the Department of Education (DepEd)
The Department of Education (DepEd) announced that it already started accommodating applications for the DepEd Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2017.
In a Memorandum that has been issued to the field, DepEd said that the application for the program has opened beginning last week of February. Deadline of application will be on March 27.
Further, the education department has also lowered the minimum age requirement of students who wish to participate in this year’s summer job employment, to accommodate more applicants especially those students who are in Senior High School.
“Under this year’s Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES), we are allowing students aged 15 years old and above to join the program. Previously, they must be at least 18 years old, according to Dr. Juan Araojo, OIC of Youth Formation Division (YFD).
“This is to accommodate those students who are in Senior High School,” he added.
The SPES trainees will be employed at the DepEd for 40 working days under the supervision of the YFD.
Republic Act No. 7323 s. 1999, as amended by Republic Act No. 9547, seeks to encourage employment of students to government offices during summer, through incentive jointly granted by the DepEd and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
What are the qualifications for DepEd Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2017?
Those who are interested to join the program must have the following qualifications:
- student/out-of-school youth (OSY) at least 15 years old but not more than 24 years old;
- must be enrolled this school year (in school) or must have the intention to enroll next school year (out-of-school);
- the combined annual net income of both parents, including his/her own income if any, must not exceed P143,000;
- Student must have obtained at least an average passing grade during the last school year/term attended; and
- Must possess office skills such as knowledge in computer applications.
What are the requirements for the DepEd Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) 2017?
Requirements to accomplish are the following:
- SPES application form;
- birth certificate (certified true copy); and
- photocopy of the latest Income Tax Return of parents or certification issued by BIR that the parents are exempted from payment of tax, or Original Certificate of Indigence, or Original Certificate of Low Income issued by the barangay.
Where to submit applications for the DepEd Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES)?
Interested applicants may submit their application form, including the requirements enclosed in a brown envelope, to the Office of the Youth Formation Division, 3rd Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Central Office, Meralco Ave., Pasig City. They may also scan and send their application and requirements (zip file SPES2017) to the email address email@example.com.
Call Employment Lawyer Toronto for more information.