The Civil Service Commission (CSC) invites those who graduated with Latin honors in their baccalaureate degree to apply for Honor Graduate Eligibility (HGE), or Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility (FSHGE) for Filipinos who graduated with high honors in foreign universities or colleges.
The HGE and FSHGE are both second level eligibilities that are considered appropriate for first and second level positions in government that do not involve the practice of profession and are not covered by bar/board/other laws.
Filing of applications for the grant of HGE is continuous.
HGE, FSHGE Qualifications, Eligibility
The following individuals shall be entitled to the grant of HGE upon submission of required documents:
- Those who graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude or cum laude, in their baccalaureate degree, regardless of the number of years of completion;
- Those who graduated from school year 1972-1973, and thereafter; and
- Those who graduated in:
- Private Higher Education Institution in the Philippines with baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree recognized by the CHED; or
- State/Local College or University with baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree included in its charter, or baccalaureate/ bachelor’s degree duly approved by its Board of Trustees/Board of Regents.
Applicants must have graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude, cum laude or their equivalent from school year 1972-1973 and thereafter.
The HGE is applicable to graduates of private higher education institutions in the Philippines with baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree recognized by the Commission on Higher Education, or state/local college or university with baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree included in its charter, or baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree duly approved by its Board of Trustees/Board of Regents.
Honor graduates from a reputable foreign school, as verified by the Department of Foreign Affairs through the Philippine Foreign Service Posts, may apply for the Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility (FSHGE), provided that they are Filipino citizens.
HGE, FSHGE: Documentary Requirements
- Properly accomplished Application Form (CS Form 101-D, Revised Sept. 2013);
2. Three (3) pieces of identical I.D. pictures taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application with specifications, as follows:
- Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Printed on quality photo paper;
- In white background;
- In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1” below the chin);
- In bare face (without eye glasses/colored contact lens, or any accessory that may cover facial features; facial features not computer-enhanced);
- Showing left and right ears; and
- With full name tag:
- The name tag must legibly show the applicant’s signature over complete printed name in the format First Name-Middle Initial-Last Name-Extension Name (if any); and
- The name tag should not be computerized, meaning, the applicant should have his/her picture taken while holding his/her written name tag.
The date of effectivity of the HGE shall be the date of course completion/graduation (as indicated in the Transcript of Record/school certification that the applicant graduated with honors).
3. Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired) upon filing of application, and bears the applicant’s complete name, picture and signature, and the issuing officer’s name and signature:
- Current Office/Company I.D.
- School I.D (must be duly validated for the current school year)
- GSIS UMID
- SSS I.D.
- Passport (with signature of the applicant)
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- BIR/TIN I.D. (ATM type/laminated card with picture type)
- Police Clearance (with picture)
- Voter’s I.D.
- PhilHealth I.D. (ATM type)
- Postal I.D.
- Barangay I.D.
Note: Any other I.D. card NOT included in the above list shall NOT be accepted. Alumni, association, membership, and health I.D.s, including ATM cards, shall NOT be accepted.
4. Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate of the applicant authenticated/issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO);
Note: In case where the NSO-issued Birth Certificate is not legible, or the NSO has duly issued a Negative Certification of Birth (NSO CRS Form No. 1) printed in NSO security form, the applicant shall, in addition, be required to submit the original and photocopy of his/her Birth Certificate that is authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
5. For female married applicants, original and photocopy of Marriage Certificate authenticated/issued by the NSO;
Note: In case where the NSO-issued Marriage Certificate is not legible, the applicant shall, in addition, be required to submit the original and photocopy of his/her Marriage Certificate that is authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
6. Certification executed by the applicant that he/she has no pending administrative and/or criminal case before any court/authorized body, and that he/she has never been found guilty/convicted of any administrative offense and/or crime, using the prescribed CSC SPEL Form 1, April 2012; and
7. If filing of the application is through a representative:
- Authorization letter executed by the applicant; and
- Original and photocopy of at least one (1) valid I.D. card of the representative as listed under Item no. 3 hereof.
Specific Documentary Requirements
- Original and photocopy of Transcript of Record (TOR) of the applicant;
Certification from the university/college that the applicant graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude duly signed by the current university/college registrar or authorized official and bearing the university/college seal. (This Certification is not the Diploma and is separate from the Transcript of Record); and
3. List of Honor Graduates certified and submitted by the School Registrar to the CSC (agency to agency concern).