The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) releases details on the October 2018 PNP Entrance Exam.
NAPOLCOM releases the details on the October 2018 PNP Entrance Examination application process, general qualifications, requirement, exam coverage and steps on how to apply online. The PNP entrance exam will be conducted on October 21, 2018 at several testing centers nationwide. Application is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age, height and educational requirements.
Passing the PNP Entrance Exam is a mandatory requirement for Police Officer I eligibility if the applicant is not a licensed criminologist.
General Qualifications and Standards
Interested applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- A Filipino citizen;
- Male or Female;
- Must be 21-30 years old;
- Height must be at least one meter and sixty-two centimeters (1.62 m) for male; and one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57) for female;
- Must weight not more or less than 5.0 kg from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex;
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the psychiatric/psychological, physical, medical and dental, drug test administered by the NAPOLCOM Health Service and Crime Lab Group or by any accredited government hospitals;
- Must possess a formal baccalaureate degree from a recognized learning institution;
- Must be eligible in accordance to the standards set by the Commission;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military employment or on AWOL or Dropped from Rolls from the PNP service or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government;
- Must have no pending criminal case in any court; and
- Must not have been convicted of any crime.
October 2018 PNP Entrance Exam Details
Examination Date: October 21, 2018
Period of On-Line Application Scheduling: July 30 to August 3, 2018. Website will be available starting July 30 at 12 noon onwards.
Period of Filing of Application: August 28 to September 24, 2018
Reminder: Applicants shall utilize the On-Line Exam Application Scheduling System (OLEASS) to request the Regional Office for their schedule on the filing of examination application. Applicants will personally appear at the NAPOLCOM Regional Office on the date assigned to them, with their printed on-line Confirmation Letter, filled-out Application Form and other required documents, for further evaluation. Applicants who are walk-in and with no online confirmation letter will not be entertained.
How to apply for the PNP Entrance Exam using the OLEASS?
Below are the step-by-step procedures to apply online using the OLEASS website:
- Go to www.napolcom-oleass.com. Remember that the website will be available starting July 30 at 12 noon onwards to accept applications.
Fill out the mandatory form and click SUBMIT.
Print out the on-line Schedule Confirmation.
Check your e-mail account and access the link for the Application Form. Fill in all the required details, click SUBMIT and PRINT OUT a hard copy. Note: VALID email account must be provided.
Bring printouts of the Schedule Confirmation and filled-out Application Form to the NAPOLCOM Regional Office on the scheduled date for filing of the examination application. Download application form here.
Filing Requirements, What to bring
- Printed letter reply with corresponding reference number confirming the scheduled appointment.
- Duly accomplished Electronic Application Form (Napolcom Form 1-A) and Index Card (download).
- Two (2) recent and identical 1″ x 1″ ID pictures in color with white background and complete name tag.
- Police Examination FEE: Php 400.00, only.
- One (1) legal-size window envelop with one Php 20-worth mailing stamp.
- Transcripts of Scholastic Record and Diploma CHED accredited learning institutions.
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)-issued Birth Certificate (BC) or Certified True Copy (CTC) of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by PSA.
- For a PO1 with temporary appointment, a CTC of Attested Appointment. Plantilla Appointment or Special Order.
PNP Entrance Exam Coverage: What to study/review
The three-hour examination will cover the following areas:
- General Information: Philippine Constitution and History; PNP Law and History; Criminal Justice System; Current Events; and Social Awareness and Value Judgment
- Verbal Reasoning: Vocabulary; Comprehension; and Grammar
- Quantitative Reasoning: Basic Concepts; Problem-Solving Skills
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal; and Non-Verbal