The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) will hold a two-day National Assessment Day for Technical Vocation Education and Training (TVET) graduates and other interested workers, on June 26-27, 2018 in all accredited assessment centers nationwide. The list of accredited assessment centers can be viewed at the TESDA website.
The assessment and certification will be free of charge. TESDA Director General, Secretary Guiling Mamondiong urged all TVET graduates and workers who need certification for job application to take advantage of this opportunity.
The FREE assessment and certification services is open to all interested industry workers with work experience, career shifters and unemployed adults looking for jobs, graduates of TV programs, teachers, trainers and individuals who underwent the Trainer’s Methodology I and those who are interested to obtain a TVET certification and TESDA accredited assessors.
The program is in support of the “Build, Build, Build Program” where priority is given to skilled workers under the construction sectors.
The free assessment and certifications will be available for the following technical vocational (tech-voc) qualifications:
- RAC servicing
- heavy equipment operation
- mechatronics servicing
- electrical installation and maintenance
- customer services
- food and beverage services
- massage therapy
- 2D animation visual graphic design
- events management
How to apply for TESDA FREE assessment and certification?
Interested applicants who want to be get the certification may follow the following steps:
- Download the Application Form through the TESDA official website (www.tesda.gov.ph) or through this link. The form must be completely filled up.
- Download and fill-up the Self-Assessment Guide* for your qualification. The forms are also available at the nearest TESDA office or assessment center.
- Attach three (3) passport size pictures with white background. Write your name legibly at the back of each picture.
- Submit application to the nearest TESDA office or accredited assessment center.
*Self-Assessment Guide (SAG) is a pre-assessment tool to help the candidate and the assessor determine what evidence is available, where gaps exist, including readiness for assessment. This document can
- identify the candidate’s skills and knowledge;
- highlight gaps in the candidate’s skills and knowledge;
- provide critical guidance to the assessor n the evidence that needs to be presented;
- provide guidance to the candidate on the evidence that needs to be presented; and
- assist the candidate to identify key areas in which practice is needed or additional information or skills should be gained prior to the assessment.
Deadline of submission for the National Assessment Day will be on June 15, 2018.