The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) will hold Independence Day 2018 job fairs on June 12 in commemoration of the 120th Independence Day anniversary.
A total of nineteen (19) simultaneous Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan (TNK) job and business fairs are scheduled, not only in Metro Manila, but also in other regions. Thousands of jobs await jobseekers looking for local and overseas employment.
Here are the Independence Day 2018 job fairs schedules and venues:
- Senior Citizen’s Garden, Rizal Park, Manila – National Capital Region (NCR)
- Porta Vaga Mall Veranda, Baguio City – Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)
- Nepo Mall, Dagupan City; Candon Civic Center, Candon City, Ilocos Sur; Pacoy Ortega Gymnasium, San Fernando City, La Union – Region 1
- Tuguegarao People’s Gym, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan – Region 2
- Metro Town Mall, Tarlac City – Region 3
- Freedom Park, Kaingen, Kawit, Cavite; Sunstar Mall, Sta. Cruz, Laguna – Region 4A
- Ayala Mall, Legazpi City – Region 5
- 888 China Town Square, Bacolod City – Region 6
- Negros Oriental Convention Center; Cebu City Sports Complex – Region 7
- Provincial Covered Court, Catbalogan City – Region 8
- KCC Mall de Zamboanga, Gov. Camins Ave. Zamboanga City; Zamboanga del Norte Cultural Convention and Sports Center, Gen. Luna St., Dipolog City – Region 9
- Iligan City – Region 10
- Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras Gym) – Region 11
- KCC Mall Convention Center, General Santos City – Region 12
In connection with the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan (TNK) initiative of the DOLE and the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), the nationwide job and business fairs aim to bring employment opportunities and entrepreneurship at the grassroots level.
In addition to the Independence Day 2018 job fairs, applicants can also check out other scheduled job fairs for June.
Independence Day 2018 job fairs requirements
To increase their chances of being hired-on-the-spot, jobseekers are advised to prepare the following documentary requirements:
- resume or curriculum vitae
- 2 x 2 ID pictures;
- certificate of employment for those formerly employed;
- diploma and/or transcript of records; and
- authenticated birth certificate
Moreover, labor department chief Silvestre Bello advises applicants to bring extra copies (original and photocopies) of these requirements for multiple job applications.
The 2018 Independence Day is observed with the theme, “Kalayaan 2018 Pagbabagong Ipinaglaban, Alay sa Masaganang Kinabukasan.”