The Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) announced that the application for the 2019 S&T Undergrad Scholarship Examination is now ongoing.
Passing the S&T Undergrad Scholarship Examination is a pre-requisite in obtaining a DOST Undergraduate Scholarship grant.
Qualifications – Who can apply?
Interested applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- must be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- must be poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators (for those applying for RA 7687 scholarship);
- must be a member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class; or member of the STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
- must be resident of the municipality for the last 4 years (for those applying for RA 7687 scholarship)
- must be of good moral character and in good health
Application process – How to apply?
- Fill up an application form. It may be downloaded (DOWNLOAD HERE) or be obtained at the SEI office, any DOST regional office, Provincial Science and Technology Centers (PSTC), or offices of congressmen and senators.
- File the accomplished form at the SEI office, DOST regional office or PSTC nearest to the applicant’s school or home address. (See list of DOST regional offices)
- Wait for the Test Permit. This shall be mailed to the applicant/s or school principal for distribution to the applicants. In case the test permit is not received within the week before the examination day, the applicant may inquire from the DOST Regional Office/PSTC and check the nearest designated testing center a day before the examination.
Deadline of filing of application will be on August 31, 2018. The date of the 2019 S&T Undergrad Scholarship Examination will be on October 21, 2018.
Examination Coverage – What to study?
The scholarship examination is designed to measure abilities that determine academic and professional success in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The test includes the following domains: Logical Reasoning, English, Science, Mathematics, Mechanical-Technical, and a Self-Inventory Part.
- DOST Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2019 – How to apply, eligibility, requirements, benefits
- CHED Scholarship Program Application Process, Qualifications, Requirements
- GSIS Scholarship Program for Academic Year 2018-2019: Application Eligibility, Requirements, Benefits
- DOH Pre-Service Scholarship for Medical and Midwifery Students SY 2018-2019
- TESDA launches Online Application System for training and scholarship