Manila, Philippines – (Updated as of July 9, 5:00 AM) Select universities in Metro Manila and nearby cities have announced class suspension on Monday due to the anticipated effects of typhoon Maria (local name: Gardo).
Some local government units (LGUs) in Metro Manila, other cities, municipalities and provinces suspends classes tomorrow due to inclement weather brought about by typhoon-enhanced southwest monsoon or hanging Habagat.
The following schools have no classes and work (unless indicated) on Monday, July 9:
- Far Eastern University (FEU) – Manila
- De La Salle University (DLSU)
- Lyceum of the Philippines (LPU) – Manila
- University of Santo Tomas (UST)
- Technological Institute of the Philippines (TIP) – Manila (Offices will stay open from 8 AM to 5 PM )
- Roosevelt College – Marikina
- Centro Escolar University (CEU)
- University of the East – all campuses
- Sta. Isabel College – Manila. College entrance exam rescheduled next Monday, July 16.
Updating. Please refresh for the new additions.
Please note that classes and universities and schools within the areas which announced class cancellation, are automatically suspended.