Manila, Philippines – The larger part of Luzon, including Metro Manila, continues to experience heavy rains and flood due to southwest monsoon or hanging Habagat enhanced by the exiting tropical depression Henry and entering tropical storm Inday.
Due to the inclement weather, work in select government offices in Metro Manila were suspended on Wednesday, July 18.
The following offices have announced class suspensions:
- Supreme Court of the Philippines
- All courts in the National Capital Judicial Region (NCJR)
- Manila City Hall from 12:00 PM onwards.
Select local government units (LGUs) also suspend work in government offices, except those agencies delivering health and basic services and disaster prevention and preparedness.
- Bacoor Cavite – all government offices except the BDRRMO, City Engineering Office, CENRO, City Health Office, CSWDO, BTMD, BPSU, and others whose main functions include those stated above.
Some private institutions have also announced work suspension today in view of the continuous heavy downpour and flooding.
- Ateneo de Manila University
Refresh for updates.