Manila, Philippines – The Philippine Science High School (PSHS) announces the application and examination dates for 2018 National Competitive Examination (NCE).
The PSHS- NCE is a one-time screening examination to determine the qualifiers for PSHS scholarship. It is done every year for incoming Grade 7 students only.
This year’s NCE will be conducted on 20 October 2018.
- A grade 6 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education (DepEd)
- Final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics. Students with grade of less than 85% must provide certificate that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the class
- A Filipino citizen with no pending or approved application as immigrant to any foreign country
- Born on or after August 1, 2004
- have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2017 – 2018)
- Have taken the PSHS NCE previously; and
- preferably, be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program
Application: Procedure and Fees
The NCE application form can be downloaded from www.pshs.edu.ph. It is also available from any PSHS campus or DOST/Provincial Science and Technology offices.
Application form is free of charge.
You may submit the form to any PSHS campuses, and DOST/Provincial Science and Technology offices.
Once application is approved, proceed with payment.
The application is FREE for students coming from public schools.
There is a fee of Php 100.00, however, for students from private schools made upon submission of form.
Source: PSHS official FB page