Manila, Philippines – Some local government units in Luzon have announced class suspensions on August 15, 2018, Wednesday due to lingering floods in some area. Some areas in Luzon have suffered major devastation from the massive flooding over the weekend brought about by southwest monsoon enhanced by Tropical storm Karding and a low pressure area.
The following areas have announced class suspensions on August 15, 2018:
- Marikina City – The local government units of Marikina still declares class suspensions tomorrow in all levels, public and private, to give time for its residents clean up as they return to their homes.
- Malabon City – Some areas in Barangay Dampalit are still submerged in floodwater prompting the local government to still suspend classes in all levels, both private and public, tomorrow for schools in the area.
- Valenzuela City – only in selected schools. Please see our previous list.
Other Cities or Municipalities
- Dagupan City – Mayor Belen T. Fernandez has announced class suspensions in ALL levels, both public and private, until tomorrow due to lingering floods in some parts of the city.
- Localized suspension in select cities of Pangasinan:
- Lingayen – Pre-school to college
- Binmaley – All levels
- Aguilar – All levels
- Dagupan City – All levels
- Calasiao – Classes are suspended in all levels as well as work in government offices.
- Sta. Barbara – All levels
- Bugallon – All levels
- Bayambang – Pre-school to senior high school
- Laoac – pre-school only
- Mangaldan – All levels
- Mangatarem – All levels
- San Carlos – All levels
- Sto. Tomas – All levels
- Umingan – from pre-school to elementary
- Urbiztondo – all levels
- Select cities in Benguet Province have also cancelled classes in from pre-school to senior high school. These include:
- La Trinidad
- Meanwhile, the following areas in Benguet have no classes in all levels:
- Localized suspension for Rizal Province:
- Rodriguez – classes in all levels, in public and private schools
- San Mateo – classes in preschool to senior high school for both public and private.
- Narvacan in Ilocos Sur announced class suspension in all levels for both public and private schools.
- Localized suspension in select cities in Ilocos Norte:
- Laoag City from pre-school to elementary
- Batac City in elementary level
- Sarrat in elementary
- Vintar from pre-school to secondary levels
- Baguio City also announced class suspension from pre-school to high school.
- Select cities in Zambales:
- Subic – all levels
- Olongapo City – All levels
- Pampanga – Acting Governor Dennis “Delta “ Pineda suspends classes on Wednesday due to heavy rains. As per PAGASA forecast, floodwaters continue to rise because of the anticipated heavy continuous downpour.
- Abra suspends classes province-wide, in all levels for both public and private schools.
Refresh for updates.
Updated as of August 15, 2018 at 5:30 AM