Manila, Philippines – The list of Philippine regular and special non-working holidays for 2019 has been released through Proclamation No. 555 signed by President Rodrigo Duterte on August 15, Wednesday.
List of Long Weekends 2019
There are five long weekends next year. Plan your vacation ahead during these long holidays:
- February 23-25, 2019 the 25th being the EDSA People Power Revolution Anniversary, which falls on Monday.
- April 18-21, 2019or Holy Week.
- August 24-26, 2019– National Heroes Day is celebrated on last Monday of August, which is on the 26th.
- November 1-3, 2019. November 1 is a regular holiday in celebration of All Saints Day, which falls on a Friday.
- December 28, 2019 to January 1, 2020– Rizal Day is on December 30, which falls on a Monday.
Additional long weekends may be possible:
- August 10 to 12, 2019, that is if Eid’l Adha falls on a August 12, which is a Monday. The Feast of Sacrifice celebrated by Muslims is tentatively dated on August 11 or 12, 2019.
Filipinos may also enjoy some long weekends with opportunities to file a leave:
- February 2-5, 2019 – File a leave on February 4 (Monday) and enjoy a long weekend from Feb 2 to 5. Chinese New Year 2019 is on the 5th of February.
- April 6-9, 2019 – File a leave on April 8 (Monday) and enjoy a very long weekend. April 9 (Tuesday) is Araw ng Kagitingan.
- December 21-25, 2019 – File a leave of absence on the 23rd (Monday) and enjoy your Christmas Break until the 25th. However, if you are a government employee, you might get lucky and extend your break until the 26th. Last year (2017), Palace suspended work in the government for December 26.