Manila, Philippines – Some parts of Luzon are still submerged in flood water leading to suspension of classes.
Below are the list of areas with class suspensions on August 20, 2018, Monday:
- Valenzuela City: Mabolo Daycare Center
All levels (public and private)
- Masantol, Macabebe
- APALIT – Paligui Elementary School (ES), Sampaga ES and HS and Fausto Gonzales Sioco Memorial ES (Colgante)
- SAN SIMON – San Isidro, San Agustin, San Pablo, San Miguel, Sta.Cruz, Dela Paz ES
- STO TOMAS – Sto. Rosario Elementary, Moras Elementary, Sto. Tomas Elementary/High School
Tarlac City – Pre School to High School, Public and Private.
- Masinloc – All Levels, Public and Private.
- Subic – All levels, public and private
- Iba – All levels, public and private
Meanwhile, the Quezon City local government has previously announced a citywide suspension of classes in all levels in both private and public schools on August 20 to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of late President Manuel L. Quezon.
The Malacañang Palace has also declared August 20 as a special non-working holiday in Davao City to give way for celebration of the annual Araw ng Pasasalamat as part of the Kadayawan Festival celebrations.
Some schools have also announced August 20 as an institutional holiday such as the Southern Christian College in Midsayap, Cotabato.
Updated as of August 19, 2018 at 9:00 PM
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest news on class suspensions.