Davao City, Philippines – A strong earthquake rocks Davao Oriental on Saturday, September 8.
According to Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs), the temblor was felt at around 3:16 PM. The epicenter is located at 27km east of Manay, Davao Oriental. The quake is of tectonic origin with a depth of 14 km.
Surrounding areas felt the movement:
- Intensity V – Davao City; Mati City, Davao Oriental
- Intensity IV – Koronadal City; Bislig City
- Intensity III – Tupi, South Cotabato; Alabel, and Malapatan, Sarangani
- Intensity II – Cotabato City; Gen. Santos City
- Intensity III – Alabel, Sarangani
- Intensity II – Bislig City;
- Intensity I – Gen. Santos City
The state seismologists said that damages and aftershocks are expected.