Manila, Philippines – The Liberal Party (LP) on Monday, reveals their initial and possible senatorial candidates come 2018 National Elections.
Senator Francis Pangilinan, the president of the opposition said that their political party is currently considering eighteen (18) bets for the upcoming polls. The list consist of re-electionists, party list representatives, former cabinet members, celebrities, and former chief justices, among others.
Senator Paolo Benigno “Bam” Aquino IV, who is seeking for a re-election next senatorial polls is first on the list. Below is the list of the initial candidates under Liberal Party:
- Senator Paolo Benigno Aquino IV
- Magdalo Representative Gary Alejano
- Former Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas
- Former Chief justice Maria Lourdes Sereno
- Former Quezon Representative Erin Tañada
- Lawyer Chel Diokno
- Former Bangsamoro Transition Committee member Samira Gutoc
- Former Solicitor General Florin Hilbay
- Former Akbayan Representative Ibarra Gutierrez
- Dingdong Dantes
- Former presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda
- Manolo Quezon III
- Leah Navarro
- Agot Isidro
- Jim Paredes
- Election lawyer Romulo Macalintal
- Former Social Welfare secretary Corazon “Dinky” Soliman
- Ex-chief justice Hilario Davide Jr.
Pangilinan said that the list is yet to be presented to Vice President Leni Robredo. He added that they are considering more names to fill up the final list.
How do you feel about the possible candidates?