Typhoon Paeng Latest PAGASA Updates on September 23, 2018 as of 11:00 PM
The tropical storm spotted in east of Tuguegarao City intensifies into a typhoon as it entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) on Sunday afternoon.
As per latest bulletin from PAGASA, the eye of Typhoon (TY) Paeng (with international name Trami) was located based on all available data at 1,185 km East of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan (17.6 °N, 132.9 °E ). It moves West Northwest at 20 kph and packs a maximum sustained winds of 150 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 185 kph.
The latest tropical cyclone to enter the Philippines has no direct effect yet to any part of the country, however, it may affect the extreme Northern Luzon such as the Batanes – Babuyan Group of Islands, around Friday, September 28. Tropical Cyclone Warning Signals (TCWS) may be hosted over extreme Northern Luzon by Thursday (September 27) or Friday.
If it maintains its speed and direction, TY Paeng is forecast to course through the following areas:
- 24 Hour(Tomorrow evening): 835 km East of Basco, Batanes(19.1°N, 129.8°E)
- 48 Hour(Tuesday evening):685 km East of Basco, Batanes(19.9°N, 128.5°E)
- 72 Hour(Wednesday evening): 620 km East of Basco, Batanes(20.1°N, 127.9°E)
- 96 Hour(Thursday evening):465 km East of Basco, Batanes(20.7°N, 126.4°E)
- 120 Hour(Friday evening):180 km North Northeast of Basco, Batanes(22.0°N, 122.4°E)